sooty plugs. prognosis?

    me again.  just wondering if somebody might want to clarify what black,
sooty spark plugs means.  they are not black and oily, mind you.  also,
there's no chunks missing, or melted pieces or anything of that nature.
they're just covered with a fine coating of soot.

    the car definitely runs very rich, so i'm thinking that it's just a case
of the plugs being fouled by the extra fuel.  AFAIK, i'm not leaking any oil
into the cylinders...but you never know.

    also, would it be in my best interest to take the plugs out and wash
them?  maybe dip them in gasoline or something, and give them a quick
wipedown?  what do ya'll think?

    btw, the plugs are only about 3 or 4 months old, tho they've been given
lots of redline, and at least 10,000km in that time...

    TIA!

jason
the mad bastard