Re: sooty plugs

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, the mad bastard wrote:
> also, would it be in my best interest to take the plugs out and wash
> them?  maybe dip them in gasoline or something, and give them a quick
> wipedown?  what do ya'll think?

I'm no expert, but in my experience plugs that become
soaked in fuel can become fouled. I would clean them w/
compressed air after wire-brushing. I fouled a new set
of F6DTC's last Christmas after my timing belt skipped
a tooth (still haven't figured out how) and I had spent
a week trying to diagnose why my car wouldn't start, which
included lots of cranking and fuel being sprayed into
cylinder from the cold-start injector. Realized timing
was off after checking cam timing, fixed the belt and
the car would barely run until I threw out the plugs
(which had 0 km on them) with another new set. They were
fuel-fouled to the best of my knowledge. Regards,
Kareem
'88 16v