Re: Video-tape - was :Re: Finally Got My Mats

At 11:54 pm -0400 12/4/99, 16V JASON wrote:
>Excuse me?! I spent 8 hours dragging 2 friends up and down the highway to
>get the perfect shot of my car, and edited a 5 minute video together
>complete with matching soundtrack.  I get featured footage, too,
>McDowall... or I'll send you some nasty tapes like Jay said to. :)

Yeah, well I've HEARD about this video, but it's now going on 2 years that
you haven't sent me jack shit.  Until you produce this legendary tape, I'm
slotting your footage in at the end as background for the credits... sort
of like the blooper reels they show at the end of some sitcoms/movies..
LOL! :)

>I'd recommend 3-5 minutes.  My video is 5, and it's pushing the limit; by
>the time it's over, you want it to be. :)

Shawn made a good point - some people are going to have more than 5 or even
7 or 10 minutes of worthwhile footage.  And some people are only going to
have a couple minutes.  Which is why I don't really want to set limits...
I'll just have people send me everything they've got, and then we'll go
through it together, on an individual basis, and decide how to edit it.  To
tell you the truth, I'm more concerned about quality than equality....