Re: sway bars

At 10:00 pm +0000 22/11/98, Ryan Schuermann wrote:
>> Ryan, do you _really_ think I care about some stupidlow Scirocco with a
>> bunch of plastic glued to it?  No.  I don't.
>
>see this is where i get offended by ignorant stupid f*cks like
>yourself. You don't see me calling your car names and beating up on
>it and claiming what its not. Get your shit strait before you go off
>Ryan

I feel like I gotta jump in here.  I was following this thread with a smile
on my face because I found it a lot more entertaining than writing term
papers, but Mannix' last couple posts got me thinking.  Ryan is right (in
this instance).  Mannix, you've got a habit of taking subtle digs at people
that are totally immaterial to what you're actually discussing/debating.
In that longish post you made this afternoon, you're careful to relate all
your arguments to the original suspension/body roll topic.  Why resort to
name-calling?  You're already planted firmly on the high ground.  You bait
guys into blowing up at you, then reply with a summary of all the relevant
points you've made, implying that the other guy is getting all hysterical
over nothing.  I'm not sure if this is conscious craftiness or unconscious
pettiness.  Either way, you gotta admit that what you said (the part that
Ryan quoted above) had nothing to do with the rest of your (logical)
argument.  Not that I blame you for saying it, but please don't act all
surprised when you get the kind of reply you got. :)