Re: linkage, etc.

In a message dated 11/22/98 8:18:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
reichelt@telepath.com writes:

>      How difficult is it to replace the large rubber boot underneath the
>  shifter. Found a tear in mine, also the bushings on the main shaft (from
>  the shifter to the linkage) are badly worn and sloppy.
>  Gerry
>
>  --

I take it you mean the one under the car. I'd think finding one would be
harder than replacing it, I'd want to clean the area 1st, like spray and scrub
and let it dry some, before starting because of all the road dirt and dust
that will fall on you as you remove and replace.

Since it's only held in place by it's starchiness then it should be a breeze.

hth,
TBerk