Re: sway bars

>what the hell? I listed everything on mycar,

(that's everything?)

I have the autotech hollow sway bars (biggest) on my rocco, alogn
with coilovers there is 0 body roll. if i take a 90deg turn at 60mph,
I have to peel myself off the door. i also have the autotech stress
bas in front, i prefer the neuspeedor abd dual bar approachthen
autotech and eibach's silgle bar, i belt my NS one in a wreck
(twekaed it at thepass. side Y), 2 grown men couldnt bend it back to
position. standing on it w/ one end up on something. i can flex the
single bar systems and that kinda worries me.

oh i have avo coilovers...and imean 0  bodyroll when i say it, the
tires will break before the body gives.(not recommended for
auto-xing)

Ryan

 explained its suspension
>characteristics,

Peeling yourself off the door?

 and then said I would not recommend it for
>autox..whatthe heckis so inaccurate with that, you need to rearead.
>I did not leave anything out. you in your own little world must have.

OK.  I have coilovers.  I have swaybars.  I have stressbars.  Does that
mean we have the same suspension?  Absolutely not.

>no, I'm charging you $20 for the pain in the ass youre being.

Ryan, do you _really_ think I care about some stupidlow Scirocco with a
bunch of plastic glued to it?  No.  I don't.  Thing is, people tend to make
statements like "Not recommended for autocross" like you did.  "Headers
crack" is one of my favorites - not all headers crack, some headers crack,
but the Net in general seems to think that at least MOST headers crack.
Why?  Because people believe what they read on the net.  Disturbing,
really.  How do you know what is recommended for autocross?

 You know your stuff but sometimes you come across like
>you're some allmighty god

If I come across to you as a "god," well, that's not my intent.  I am
perfectly happy to discuss things intelligently.  Intelligent discussion is
rare on this list, however.

 and that if YOU'VE never done it or
>experienced it,it must be impossible.

No, I understand how a VWs suspension works.  My car leaned with 800 and
500# springs.  I've tried stiff things, soft things and things in between.

 Thing is, your disbeliefs are unwarranted.
>Whythe hell would I need to lie to you,

I don't think you're lying.  Sissela Bok wrote an interesting book about
lying, and while I do not agree with her 100%, I do agree that a person is
not lying if he/she believes what they're telling.  For example, if you
believe that your 275/40 rear tires make your car faster, and you post that
to the list, you are not lying.  Your statement might not be valid or
correct, but you are not being untruthful.  Stating that your car has zero
bodyroll is not a lie, if that's what you believe.

I'me sure not out to impress
>you, just trying to share a little bit about my setup.

Don't expect to make an inaccurate or questionable statement & have it
ignored, especially on the internet, home of whiners and nerds.

>> So why did'nt you say that?
>
>jeesh, I DID, i listed my suspension components then said I had no
>body roll then said i would not recommend it,tell me mister allmighty
>what did i fail to add?

Here it is again.

>I have the autotech hollow sway bars (biggest) on my rocco,

OK

> alogn
>with coilovers

OK

> there is 0 body roll.

Not OK.  Without springrates, this is a HUGE claim to make.  Or, as we
decided earlier, the car has no travel.

>if i take a 90deg turn at 60mph,
>I have to peel myself off the door.

Yay.

> i also have the autotech stress
>bas

OK, so you "listed" your suspension componenets.  It still does not tell us
anything, at least me.

A list of parts - swaybars, coilovers and stressbars - does not support the
claim of "zero body roll."  It might feel like zero body roll, it might
look insignificant in comparison to your friends lowriders, but zero is a
big number in this context.

Just because im not like you and write pages
>and pages AND pages of e-mails to this list I make my point and then
>menatlly sane people have written me back persoanlly asking specific
>questions about the uspension and my car and I have answered them,
>saving bandwith.

OK, well, I wasted bandwidth on this one because I figure people are
getting a chuckle out of it.  I asked you a question in public.  You cannot
seem to answer my questions, and take a defensive stance on the issue -
shrug, I'm getting a giggle out of this.

>yeah chief I did for almost a year,

A year?

 goid it was nice not to listen to
>your miniscle arguments.

What's miniscle mean?

And i didn't recollect any dipstick in any
>of my posts, you're memory must be lapsing...again.

Heh, IIRC, you pulled into a rest stop, checked the oil & there was none
showing.  You then assumed that your "dipstick was broken," and continued
driving.  I'll maybe find the original article tomorrow....

>for once Mannix, just let it go.

My last email was closure enough for me - it seems that your car has little
to no suspension travel, which makes it sorta pointless to discuss further.
 Here's the last paragraph of my previous email -
~~~~
Hey, did'nt you say you were going to leave the list??  I could'nt remember
if it was you, until you said something about the oil, about your "broken
dipstick."  Almost forgot.  Glad you cleared that up for us - there's a
significant difference between no suspension and stiff!
~~~~
Way I see it, I had let it go - "thanks for clearing things up, have a nice
day!"  I'm not looking for a response on this one, either.  Best wishes!

I.Mannix