list mod results, other Q

So the other week I did the rear foglight mod on my 16v...went to the
dealer, bought my 2 brakelights, then went home and drilled out the plugs
in the housing.  I gotta say I liked how they looked at night, and it was
definitely 3 bucks well spent.  But then I noticed the heat was melting a
dimple in each lens...

So obviously the fog light housing isn't designed to let me run a 22W bulb
continuously (even for 45min max).  What do the rest of you do?  You use a
parking light bulb, right Shawn?  I assume the wires for these rear fogs
run up to the dash, up to the headlight switch, right?  If I were to get a
euro fog light switch (or is it light switch?  Somebody has one of these
too) it would just be a matter of running the wires to that switch...

Is there anything I can do to cool things down, like drill a series of 1/8"
holes along the top of the reflector?

A separate and unrelated question - I once saw, in a catalog or something,
pictures of watches whose faces were reproductions of VDO guage faces from
BMWs, VWs, and Porsches.  I know for a fact that one of them was the 260kph
speedo I have in my 16v.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I
desperately NEED to know who makes these things, and where I can get one!
I've scoured the 'net but to no avail...please help me!