Re: Parts Wanted.

On Sun, 19 Oct 1997 11:36:37 -0600 (MDT) Night Shadow
<soltwede@ucsub.Colorado.EDU> writes:

>Todd, have you tried your local junkyard? If you can't find any, a
>junkyard about 30min from me has 2 16v's...probably could get the
>wiring
>harness and switches from one of those...
>
>Eric

Thanks for the reply Eric.
The only junkyard (used parts dealer) near me that has any 16v parts is
an Audi/VW garage that I worked at for about 6 years. He won't even sell
them to me. He knows if he keeps the engines complete he can sell them
for a lot more to people like me who want to do the swap.  He has an 88
Scirocco 16v (wrecked slightly) that he would sell me, complete, for
about $750, but I can't swing that right now and I don't need another
car.

If you don't mind Eric, please see if those local to you would part with
just the parts I need and how much they want. It would be easier to get
the parts from a regular junkyard that probably doesn't even know what
they have, then from a VW parts dealer like my former boss. If you know
what I mean.

Todd J.
shikaroka@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)