2 unrelated questions

Listians:

1.  Any of you folx installed a hood lock on your cars?  Wouldn't one of
these obviate the need to put in a back-up battery for the alarm?  Did you
just intall one from Pep Boys etc?

2.  I have a '81 Scirocco and I hate having to push the rear wiper lever
every 3 seconds.  Is there some way to make the wiper do it's job until I
tell it to stop (e.g. do the Mk2 cars have a different switch)?  And *sigh*
why does the rear wiper return to its original position in only one out of
four pushes?

Thanks all, benton------