Re: 2 unrelated questions

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997 03:49:43 -0800 Benton Yoshida
<byoshida@zygote.hsc.usc.edu> writes:

>2.  I have a '81 Scirocco and I hate having to push the rear wiper lever
>every 3 seconds.  Is there some way to make the wiper do it's job until
>tell it to stop (e.g. do the Mk2 cars have a different switch)?  And
*sigh*
>why does the rear wiper return to its original position in only one out
of
>four pushes?
>Thanks all, benton------

On mine, if I barely wick the stick foreward, I will get only one swipe
of the rear wiper. if I hold it long enough to make the pump run, I get
about 3 swipes. That's what my MK-II does.

If your wiper doesn't line up after it wipes, id say there's something
wrong in the motor system. I recall there being a "Park" contact lead
that gets gunked up. Try pulling off the cover and take a look inside to
see if its in need of a cleaning or a lube. (Probably both.) I
cleaned/lubed mine when I first got it and its been working fine since.

On a related note, does anybody know how to make the "park" feature work
when the blade is down, parallel with the spoiler?? I like the way it
looks there because from behind, its kinda hidden. I have seen A2's done
this way and wondered if anybody has done this mod?
Just a thought, then you all will want to be like me and have a flat
wiper too...  :-D
(especially that "Bastard"!)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan/meze/hello/