Re: 2 unrelated questions

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Benton Yoshida wrote:

> Listians:
>
> 1.  Any of you folx installed a hood lock on your cars?  Wouldn't one of
> these obviate the need to put in a back-up battery for the alarm?  Did you
> just intall one from Pep Boys etc?
>
> 2.  I have a '81 Scirocco and I hate having to push the rear wiper lever
> every 3 seconds.  Is there some way to make the wiper do it's job until I
> tell it to stop (e.g. do the Mk2 cars have a different switch)?  And *sigh*
> why does the rear wiper return to its original position in only one out of
> four pushes?

Gotta love the rear wiper quirks! I am annoyed by this as well, I wish the
rear wiper had an intermittend mode(hmmm maybe hook the intermittent of
the front with the rear????)...as for the wiper not returning to original
position...your motor/linkage assembly needs lubing my boy, and wa
la...perfect operation...

Eric