Re: Beware of Virus

Patrick Flowers wrote:

> Kevin McGrath wrote:
> >
> > Kevin Wenzel wrote:
> >
> > > Yes - the only way to get a virus is via executable code
> >
> > Anyway you can get boot sector viruses from just putting a floppy disk in
> > your drive. You don't have to run a program from it.
>
> If the diskette contains a boot sector virus, the virus gets transferred
> when you access the drive.  Just putting the diskette in doesn't do it.
> The virus is an executable that is triggered by the access routine.
> Works like an autorun.

Thats what I meant sure It can't just jump off the disk without being accessed,
but if it just happens to be there on boot up and you boot sequence is A: C:
then yes you will have a boot sector virus. God you need to put every little
detail in around here.

> Patrick
> --
> Patrick Flowers
> Mailto:patri63@ibm.net
>
> The GMC Motorhome Page
> http://www.gmcmotorhome.com

Kevin McGrath
Value Systems
Quality Custom Built PCs Networking and much more
http://www.pelican.net/~kevin/super.html  <---Check out the current specials
You might find computers cheaper but never a better value.