Re: Speakers

>could any of you super car audio guys give me your opinion on something?
>I have seen corrados with 8" sub tucked off to the drivers side of the
>rear hatch space.  I would like to tuck a 8" or if they make a 6" sealed
>box over in the same space.  So how hard would it be for me to make a
>decent enclosure?  how much power would I want to put into something like
>this?  I do not want my car to thump, I just want to fill in the lack of
>bass that I have right now with something.  I dont expect much, just a
>little.  What do you use to make just such an enclosure?  Is there a
>minimum volume to get any sound what so ever?  I do know car stereos
>pretty well, but I have never made a sub enclosure just hooked them up.
>
>Kyle

I'm not too familiar with Corrado trunks but if you want to tuck it into
the space between the shock tower/wheel well and the back of the hatch
you'd probably be looking at fiberglassing the rear of the enclosure to
match that shape. That would save you the most trunk space.  If this sounds
like more work than you're willing to do, a conventional 'box' made of MDF
may also fit the bill.  These are easy to plan, build, and carpet, but can
still be integrated well into your trunk.

I've got a bunch of car audio FAQs and files I can send you...email me if
you're interested!

"Y'all better pay attention, because you can't afford free speech."
					-George Clinton