Re: Help with insurance appraisal

I may have told this story before but here it goes again.  My roommate bought
a 8716V just like mine because he liked mine so much.  It was from Maryland
so it was not too rusty and really was much better than most daily drivers in
Upstate NY(Buffalo).  He picked it up for $3500 with only 70,000 miles.  He
had it for less than 2 months before he wrecked it bad with 2 trees and very
high speed.   So anywho, we had spent the entire weekend cleaning, buffing,
degreasing etc....before he wrecked it.  The insurance appraiser came and
noticed how good it looked and actually said "Wow, where did you find this?"
 The moral of my story..... My roommate got a lot of extra money for the
smashed beast for things such as well maintained engine compartment, "low"
miles, and well maintained exterior/interior.  He paid off his loan, bought
the car back for around $600, and put a grand in the bank that he didn't have
before.  My advice.....as was said before....be honest, nice, and helpful to
the appraiser.  That is the only way you will win  Hopefully your car is not
wrecked as bad as my freinds was.....the bumper met the block.

DANMAY
8716vScirocco
83GTi
Yes, i got a lot of free and needed parts from this :-)