Re: Help with insurance appraisal

>  Well, after deductible she got $750.  Please tell me what the
>  F*CK you can buy with $750?  Not a hell of a lot.

Well, what was the deductible? If it was 500.00, for instance, she should
expect to add in $500.00 to the figure, for a total of $1250.00. Also, if she
kept the salvage, that amount would have to be factored in as well. $1250.00
does sound pretty low for an 86 Accord, though, but I really don't have
enough info to make a determination. Let me know, though, I'm curious.
I'm not familiar with all of the insurance laws in every state, but for the
most part insurance companies are heavily regulated and audited. If they pay
too little, the state can fine them tens of thousands of dollars. In
California, the Insurance Commission can come in at any time and audit random
files. They look closely at every aspect of the claim, from dollars paid to
time taken to pay. It's a pretty strict system and they aren't afraid to fine
a company for a violation.

Todd