Re: Speakers

Francois St-Amand wrote:

> I'm planning on buying 2 6" / 9" speakers with incorporated
> crossovers and tweeters.  Where is the perfect location for the front
> of the Scirocco?
>
> I find that speakers in the door are not a very good idea.  I would
> prefer on the dash or something.  Anyone has ideas?
>
> Also, what brand should I aim for?
>
> Frank
> '85 'rocco, 8v, red

	Am I to understand that you plan to hook up 6x9" speakers in the
front?  I really don't think that they'll fit anywhere without a lot of
expensive work.  I am about to go over to a friends house to take some
pix of my car.  I'll take some photos of the interior (please excuse the
mess).  Up front I have a combo tweeter and 6 1/2" woofer.  They are
Bostwicks, and they sound quite nice.  They don't quite as good as the
MB Quarts (which i wanted to get), but I saved $200 over the MBs.  I had
special kick panels created out of fiberglass by a friend of mine with
an audio shop.  I think after all was said and done, i paid about $550.

	I don't know a hell of a lot about speakers and stuff like that, but
what I do know is that if you are planning on buying speakers, go with
the round ones.  5", 6 1/2", 8", etc.  Try to stay away from the 6X9s,
cuz as you increase power to the speakers, the sound will gradually get
more distorted.  It has something to do with sound travelling in waves,
and the waves will eminate better from a circular source than an oval
one.  There ya go, my $0.02 worth.

jason
87 16V