Re: Speakers

> I'm planning on buying 2 6" / 9" speakers with incorporated
> crossovers and tweeters.  Where is the perfect location for the front
> of the Scirocco?

Where exactly do you plan on installing a 6x9?? the front speaker
well in the front door is 4x6.  The easiest way is to install a 4x6
plate..I believe there are only 2 manuf. of these. The best way to
 go is a 5.25" w/ a seperate 1" sattelite tweeter, however this takes
a small bit of modification. A 6x9 would take a TON of modification.
It's also the more expensive route.

> I find that speakers in the door are not a very good idea.  I would
> prefer on the dash or something.  Anyone has ideas?

Speakers on the door are great!..where are you going to install them
on your dash? block off the AC vents? Properly installed door
speakers will sound wonderful.

> Also, what brand should I aim for?

Depends on your quality level your aiming for..mainstream joe average
listener w/ not a lot of power or clarity..stick with JBL or Pioneer.
You want crisp clear, ableto handly the proper ammount of power, then
go for Infinity or MB Quart. Either way I suggest Crutchfield,their
mailorder has prob the best price..and they give you free wiring
harnesses and specific instructions on how to install everything.

if you want to see my setup,

http://accomp.com/~ryan/scirocco.html

..under my 16v section..I should have a complete flow diagram and
pics of the rest of my stereo components up on the web site by
tomorrow.

Ryan