Altenator Questions

Thanks everyone for the help with the Tranny problems a few months ago
I have not been to the shop to fix it just as yet and it still runs fine.
Now its time for me to do some work.

I was driving this morning and my battery meter was reading in the 10
volts to 12 volts range.  The altenator and Oxygen Sensor lights were on
just flashing in and out.  The car drained all the battery and turned
off completely.

Does any one have any suggestions.  I have a 87 8V, I am going to pull
the battery and start recharging it.

But any suggestions will help greatly..

Kilimanjaro Robbs