Re: NOLOGY DYNO TEST!

At 06:18 PM 7/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Hee hee hee, should'nt have kept my mouth shut all this time!

Sure you should have. You had no way of knowing, just lke the rest of us. Now
we all got proof and you get to be the laughing boy of Boulder! Pretty cool
huh? I payed $$$ to find out my wires suck! Ya, I think its funny too.... Im
just glad I didnt pay full price for the damn wires. Hey, they do look good!!
I wonder if I should e-mail Nology my results? Think they will like that?

> FWIW.  I'm not surprised that the
>response/idle improved, but I am surprised that there was no gain.

Why? Im not enough of an electrition to know why it makes things run smoother
at idle yet kills 2 ponies? It just doesnt make sence to me. It sure isnt
worth the money it cost to have a smoother idle AND give away 2hp.

>figured a little, anyhow (more than .5 - this could simply be a variable of
>warmer gear oil on the second pull, something like that).  Anyhow.

Well, even if the little coil amp did give .5hp gain as a known fact, it
still aint worth the $45.

>Grin,
>SOMEDAY, I'll be telling you of the cool ignition I have on my car which
>shows a *real* 3.5% gain on the dyno.  I've had it a while, but it is not
>"ready" for production yet.  Sigh.  Someday.  OK, so, glad we have the

Im waiting to hear it! (still) :)
Whats the holdup on production? Im curious. if it does show a gain on your
car, has the maker installed your system on otehr types of cars to determine
if its an across the board gain? Id think he would want to do as much
research as possible before producing and marketing the system. (Maybe thats
the holdup on production eh?)

>Nology mystery cleared up!  Power losses, eh?  Hmmm.  Hope this saved
>someone some cash!

Ryan e-mailed me 30 seconds after I posted the dyno results. He just got his
Nology system. Hasnt installed it yet, thankfully, so at least he can get his
hard earned money back and buy a good set of performance improving STOCK
wires on his car!! <G>

>Iain(thanks, Shawn, for doing this!)

Dont thank me, thank my empty wallet!  :)  Besides, somebody had to do it.
TTYL!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
best looking Scirocco in all of San Diego!!!
With a sucky set of Nology wires! it looks cool, thats about it!