Re: El.poltergeist, try explaining this one

> just yesterday I was sitting in my car, listening to radio. Engine was not
> running, key was at the OFF position. Suddenly the radio shut up. Then the
> fuel pump in the back started buzzzzing. I was surprised, checked the key.
> Actually took it off. Fuel pump still running. I was like !WHAT!, turned
> the car on, then off and only then the pump shut down. Now radio started
> playing. Only it had changed all the stations in the memory! Fucking scary,
> I don't like that the car has a mind of it's own!

Yeah, that's scary, alright!

You probably have a short somewhere, possibly in the fuel pump relay
or in the relay panel itself.  Those are the most likely places, abut
it could be anywhere, really; I'd check there first, though.

Didn't someone else on the list have a problem with the fuel pump
running when the ignition was off?

The radio probably lost all its station presets because the short
somewhere else took all its power.

Meanwhile, disconnect the battery!  That short could start a fire,
since it's happening with the key off.  Funny stuff, electricity. . .

Carlee