Re: Timing Questions.

Smokinn wrote:

> If your not sure when the belt was replaced last Lloyd, change it now!  What
> you should be most concerned with is cracks near the teeth of the belt.
> Most of the time these cracks aren't even noticeable until you remove the
> belt and check it.  These cracks eventually lead to teeth sheering off of
> the belt (aka, bad news!).  Don't forget to always replace the tensioner
> when you change your belt (another leading cause for belts breaking).  HTH.
>
> Gerry

-Thanks!

   I've read enough to know that I don't have to change it now, but I'd
better keep a close eye on it.  Again, my belt seems in good condition
now.  I was about to start the thing after about a month of sitting
because I'd not had the time to make a few repairs.  One more fuel leak
and I'll be terrorizing the streets again!  I figure that this belt has
another 10K on it, and then it is off no matter what.

Lloyd