Re: I'm in some trouble

Shawn wisely commented....

>Might I recommend something here. This isn't an ass chewing or me picking
>on anybody or anything like that. its a simple request that I think will
>expedite things for everybody much better. Heres my idea:
>
>Before posting to the list, have all the available info at hand as
>accurate and detailed as possible so things are less misunderstood by
>everybody. This will save time, energy, thought, and bandwidth for
>everybody when we know what were dealing with.
>One more thing, if you reply to something, please at least quote some of
>what it is your replying to so that those of us that are on 30 different
>mailing lists can understand what it is your saying, "ME TOO", to. Just a
>few quoted lines of relevant text should do the trick, no need to quote
>the whole message.
>
>Just my humblest of humble suggestions.
>HTH!

I agree, but most of you know that - especially the part about quoting
_something_ in the original message.  It helps the reader understand _what_
is cool, _what_ sucks, etc.  Shawn's the man, he knows his stuff, but has
typed SO many of his responses repeatedly - and including relevant
information which keeps him from typing the same thing _again_ will make
him more likely to help out.  I have explained the A1, A2, A3 thing many
times, discussed front swaybars dozens of times - if someone was wondering
about front swaybars, and simply included "I understand x,y and z about not
using them, but my question is...." we can go from there, assuming that the
poster already knows a big chunk of info.  I'm a pretty longwinded guy(as
is Shawn, some of our discussions have gotten into the 20k zone), and I
don't mind answering questions, but I get a bit frustrated to "answer" a
question, just to get back "I know that, but....."  Well, if'n you alsready
knowed that, pardner, why'dnt ya tell me?"  Aargh.  Honsetly, this is a
gripe more common from the newsgroup, but the S-list is getting bigger
daily, and in the process, picking up some of the newsgroup's little quirks
- not complaining, but if we can make it more user-friendly, well, that's a
good thing.

Want a scary list?  Subscribe to the RX7 mailing list - oh my gosh, what
volume.  They have a sorting system, where you're supposed to put little
codes in the subjects - [1] for 1st generation, [1, race] for 1st
gen/racing, stuff like that.  Some have already started to do this - on one
hand, I don't think this list is big enough to warrant it, but OTOH, it
does provide clarity.  On the RX7 list, there is such a big difference
between the first and third generation RX7s that I see it as very useful,
whereas SciroccoIs and IIs are pretty similar in most ways - anyhow, if
you(collectively) like the idea of subject headerthingys, maybe someone
could come up with a system?  Provided it is ok with Wenzez, of course.
Anyhow...I agree, Shawn, as usual.  Gotta run, flying to Boston tomorrow,
should pack or something.....

I.Mannix(the RX7 list was roughly 150 messages a day.....yikes, had to
unsubscribe...)