Re: I'm in some trouble

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 14:32:38 -0500 (EST) Rich Deede----TOOL FAN
<rdeed@UDel.Edu> writes:
>I meant to say that the alternator wasn't tight enough.  There is also a
>bad Cv boot that might even be a bad axle.  I know for sure that this
guy
>isn't ripping me off, I know that I can trust him completely, and it's
>almost probably my fault for not describing the problems correctly to
you
>guys.  Again, I appreciate the help and By the way Jim where did you get
>your prices from for those parts?
>
>Rich

Might I recommend something here. This isn't an ass chewing or me picking
on anybody or anything like that. its a simple request that I think will
expedite things for everybody much better. Heres my idea:

Before posting to the list, have all the available info at hand as
accurate and detailed as possible so things are less misunderstood by
everybody. This will save time, energy, thought, and bandwidth for
everybody when we know what were dealing with.
I realize that some situations will be limited or just not available.
Fine, but if we get word from a mechanic, you got to remember as much
info that he told you as you can or we get on these off base tangents
that are rather pointless.
What I have done is before I click on send, I reread what I have said so
its as accurate and  also reads how I thought it out in my mind.
Sometimes my brain gets away ahead of my fingers and I skip a few rather
important lines. (I still do it, but I try.)

One more thing, if you reply to something, please at least quote some of
what it is your replying to so that those of us that are on 30 different
mailing lists can understand what it is your saying, "ME TOO", to. Just a
few quoted lines of relevant text should do the trick, no need to quote
the whole message.

Just my humblest of humble suggestions.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and