Re: 16v Crankcase Ventilation Problem?!!!!?

 I flew through first and second and then let off a little in
>third when POOF----a huge clowd of very light smoke explodes out of my
>exhaust for just a millisecond.  That was it....no fluxuations in RPM, no
>hesitation, nothing except a gigantic clowd of worry coming out of my baby.
> I immediately pulled over and shut down. I popped the hood and nothing
>looked wrong. I reluctantly started her up and went home (.5 mile) with no
>problems. Once there, I got out the trusty compression guage and went to
>work. 220-222 for all cylinders and that is what it was like when I bought it
>7 years ago.

Don't worry about it.  High rpms suck oil out of the engine, the oil gets
burned, you get smoke.  I have a catchbottle set up for mine to keep this
from happening.  Your PCV or whatever might not be working right, but it is
not a sign of the engine blowing up.

Take care, Mannix