Re: 16v Crankcase Ventilation Problem?!!!!?

Just speculation here... Your K&N may have been slightly over saturated
with engine oil due to some spitied driving over a few weeks (?). This
could have caused an increase of vacuum in the airbox. When you floored
it, and sent the engine to redline, lots of oil started to fly and mist
around in the crankcase. Since you are at redline, you are now creating
an even larger amount of vacuum. Since the engine is having touble
pulling air through the filter, it really puts alot of vacuum on the
crank case breather, and with all that oil flying around in there (insert
suction noise here), GULP! It ingested some oil, POOF! A new or clean
filter will fix the problem.

An aqauntence sold me an 85 GTI for $100! It was smoking badly, but when
I got the car home, compression was within spec. Changed the soaked in
oil paper filter, sold the car two weeks later for $1000.

Later,

Brian