Scirocco BHPs...

Okay guys (and gals)

I went to a rolling road day today up North in England, and had my
Scirocco engine tested out. Got some HP figures. I'll put down some
other figures below, but if you want to see the full figures, check
out my web-page (soon, when I've had the chance to upload the data).

Standard 1.8l 8 valve:
4000 rpm - 67.5 bhp
5000 rpm - 87.75 bhp
5700 rpm - 114.75

Standard 1.8l 16 valve:
4000 rpm - 87.75 bhp
5000 rpm - 116.1 bhp
5900 rpm - 141.75 bhp

My Scirocco Storm 1.9l 8 valve
4000 rpm - 90.45 bhp
5000 rpm - 114.75 bhp
6000 rpm - 136.35 bhp

So, see, I came back with a smile on my nice to say the least. Also
of interest was the compression ratios on the engine. Most 8v came
back with about 150 - 160 on the compression test, 16v were about
160 - 175. Mine were 190 all through.  {-)
Jeremy R. Bromley       --- Events Manager, Corrado Club of Great Britain
jbromley@enterprise.net