Re: Single wiper and Califonia Special Scirocco

Rodney Noriel wrote:

>         I thought that the single wiper only went up to the 82 sciroccos and was
> discontinued for 83.
>         No sure though.
>
> Dom,
>
> I'm pretty sure the 83's had single too.  My experiemce with this was when
> I purchased my 82, my girl firend at the time bought an 83 California
> Special Scirocco.  Leather interior, 1.8L motor, Kamei Kit, 14" GTI wheels
> and the like and she had a single wiper on her's too.
>
> BTW, anyone know is their is any value to this car.  To my knowledge
> California was the only state or place to get delivery of this car.  It
> commemorated, I think the some production mile stone of the Scirocco.  It
> came in silver only, 1.8L motor.  Full leather interior, a factory
> installed Kamei Kit and was the only Scriocco at the time to have 14"
> wheels.  I've seen some around totally beat up.  If I could find one I'd
> surely try a restoration on it.  If you have the book "VW Power and Style"
>  they have a picture of this car coming off the production line.
>
> Oh those Days!
>
> Rodney Noriel

A few months ago this very car was for sale on the Big Island of Hawaii.
At the time I didn't realize the ground effects were stock. the car is
completely set up for autocrossing. emmaculate inside and out.  I
remember him wanting $6,500 for the car.  Shipping from Kona to Seattle
or San Fran for a vehicle that size runs around $800.

However, being a three day barge from Oahu to the mainland coast not to
mention the OUTRAGEOUS shipping (they have a monopoly), I'd look at some
of those scirocco pages out of southern Cal first.....