RE: Single wiper and Califonia Special Scirocco

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Ilias Glavinas wrote:

> Don't know the answer to that one, but I would be curious to find out if
> any people in this list know about prices paid for new Sciroccos between
> 82 and 87. I recently read a posting in the .watercooled newsgroup about
> an 87 16V Scirocco for sale. The guy listed all the nifty additions he
> had made, and at the end also listed the price he paid when he bought it
> new in 1987: $19,9xx. I somehow find that extremely high for that time.
> Any comments?

My '85 8v sticker showed just about $10,000 with two options: A/C and the
rear wiper... Can't tell you how much the newer 16v's were or how much
the mods were, but I would suspect that if he bought it in the US, unless there
was a serious price raise, 19k is too much...

John K. Gates
UNIX Systems Administrator
mail: john@fang.cs.sunyit.edu
homepage url: http://www.cs.sunyit.edu/~john