RE: Single wiper and Califonia Special Scirocco

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Rodney Noriel wrote:

> 	I thought that the single wiper only went up to the 82 sciroccos and was
> discontinued for 83.
> 	No sure though.
>
> Dom,
>
> I'm pretty sure the 83's had single too.  My experiemce with this was when

Well, I have an 85, and I am pretty sure (but not 100%) that the
Sciroccos up to and including 84, came with the smaller rear spoiler, the
hood with only one hole in the center that holds the wiper-washer-fluid
"dispenser" (as opposed to two holes for 85 and up), and one wiper only.
As a matter of fact, a number of things changed between 84 and 85 for the
Sciroccos (size of the spare was a curious one I particularly remember),
and that is why the Bentley manuals are for 1985-up Sciroccos.

> BTW, anyone know is their is any value to this car.  To my knowledge
> California was the only state or place to get delivery of this car.  It
> commemorated, I think the some production mile stone of the Scirocco.  It
> came in silver only, 1.8L motor.  Full leather interior, a factory

Don't know the answer to that one, but I would be curious to find out if
any people in this list know about prices paid for new Sciroccos between
82 and 87. I recently read a posting in the .watercooled newsgroup about
an 87 16V Scirocco for sale. The guy listed all the nifty additions he
had made, and at the end also listed the price he paid when he bought it
new in 1987: $19,9xx. I somehow find that extremely high for that time.
Any comments?

Ilias