Another Nice Day

As I sit on the back porch enjoying a cool overcast evening, I think of all
the little things I have done to the new car.

Today it was the day to clean all the parts needed for the re-installation
of the ac.

1) Combed the condenser fins and removed all the old paint
2) Pressure cleaned the exterior of the condenser
3) soaked and purged the condenser of what ever was in there
4) Cleaned all attachment hardware
5) Ran a tap in all bolt holes to ensure a clean install
6) scrubbed the WI road grime from the compressor and verified it work
7) lubed and installed new clutch cable and hardware
8) installed new ebrake cable
(ok last 2 aren't anything to do with the ac

needed items

1) upper steering column bushing
2) shifter bushing
3) rear hatch key seal
4) new radio
5) new seat slider bushings both sides
6) ac drier
7) ac orings
8) misc bolts and hardware
9) passenger side halfshaft (I got it just need to put it in)
10) all the vacuum line (easy to do and cheap fun afternoon)
11) new tires all the way around, it PO did a plus one on the tire in 15"
rims
12) MKIII moonroof glass (yeah I think I am going to try this)
13) rear transmount (ATS gave me new PS DS and bell)
14) remove any of the PO wiring debauchery and clean up the loom
15) clean the piss out of the engine bay
16) shocks, struts, mounts and bushing
17) flush and fill radiator ( doing that anyway because of the ac
re-install)
18) new injector seals

oh and whatever items I can think of.

I am thinking at this pace I should have it streetable by the end of
April,  that should give me a month to fine tune and hopefully get it ready
for Cincy. Regardless of its road worthiness I will be there this year even
if it is in a rental Kia. Hmmm what a great day the wife made Kabobs and the
kid made French Bread and I sit here with orange finger nails from clean
parts with purple power. It doesn't get any better than this.

Brian