Let's start a retrospective thread

The Bilstein website, at one time, had a description of the various shock designations.  Their descriptions didn't mention anything about lower ride height, but the implication (or, at least, my interpretation of the descriptions) was that the Sport had a firmer damping calibration than the HD.
 I wish I could find that bit of trivia on their website now, but I can't...

larry
sandiego16v

  My understanding is that the HD and Sport have the same damping
  charateristics, just that the sport is designed for a lower ride height.