OT: Vista users and wannabe's

I grew up with PCs starting back to 8088 running at 4.77MHz...

I installed Win Xp 64 bits edition, and I love it

I grew up with PCs starting back to 8088 running at 4.77MHz, so I'll stick
to Windows too.

> > I don't even have a suitable windows box anymore to dork
> around with
> > Vista.  Though I would be interested to dual boot it on a
> mac.  When
> > you say "cracked"...  what exactly do you mean by that?  I
> wonder if a
> > cracked version would be suitable for Mac Boot Camp...
>
> The stuff out there is actually so elegant that it's more
> like a trick than a crack.  The most recent variant tricks
> Vista into thinking it's running on an OEM built machine
> (which does not activate by the normal means, as it comes
> from the factory pre-activated).  Other variants simply
> freeze the activation timer so it never runs out.  Even with
> nearly bulletproof fixes out there now, it's just not worth
> installing.
>
> > -Grant-
>
> Al

I installed Win Xp 64 bits edition on the latest ang greatest hardware, and
I love it.

I'll wait a few years for Vista, it sounds too much like a ressource hog for
now.

Cheers.

Marc