OT: Vista users and wannabe's

Mtl-Marc wrote:
> I grew up with PCs starting back to 8088 running at 4.77MHz...
That's too slow for me. My first machine was a kick ass 8MHz!!! It was
also my (tenuous) Ferrari connection.

("AT&T PC 6300 was in fact an Olivetti M24 sold under the ATT brand.
.... twice faster than the IBM PC XT computer thanks to a real 16 bit
CPU, the Intel 8086, which ran at 8Mhz as opposed to the 8088 of the IBM
PC running at 4,7Mhz."

Ferrari and Olivetti had a deal in which Olivetti provided sponsorship
money and Ferrari used and promoted Olivetti computers. I think Olivetti
is still the "Official Timing and Scoring System" at some tracks.

Chris

Alexandria, VA