sorta OT: performance mods for the cabby

Changing the exhaust manifold (it likely has the beloved "toilet bowl") has
been suggested to me as a good first step. Once that restriction's gone,
the other mods will do more of what they are capable of, the whole "car as
as system" concept. Any "better flow" mods like a cam or exhaust will be
limited by the other restrictions along the way. And I'm not sure what you
can do with the intake, since the current setup uses airflow to meter fuel.
Basic tuneup stuff like air filter/plugs,cap and rotor are good to do first
if they haven't been done for a while. Peter on the list is our usual
source of TT exhaust goodness, he'll tell you what will fit, and that
manifold you'll need to find used. Cabby's are heavier than Sciroccos, so
they'll always need a bit more motivation to move forward, but they are fun
to drive.
Cathy
79,87 Roccs
88 Cabby