sorta OT: performance mods for the cabby

--- C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> Changing the exhaust manifold (it likely has the beloved
> "toilet bowl") has
> been suggested to me as a good first step.

What Cathy said.

You won't see much benefit from a cam etc until you replace
the crappy exhaust manifold with 4-2 manifold from an
earlier car.  Even just doing that one mod will make a
pretty good difference on the "butt dyno."

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172

The fish are biting.