sorta OT: performance mods for the cabby

Since i have to wait a while to actually get my own car, i want to modify
the cabbriolet for now. it isnt quick enough for me.  I figured a
performance cam and cold air intake might be a good place to start. also
exhaust because i need to fix one of the exhaust hangers anyways.
so here is my question. does anyone have any suggestions as far as these
things go? what  should i be looking for? i would appreciate any sort of
advice on this. thanks
 - Jesse