16v w/ turbo

Listen to Master Dan!
  For those that may be interested I'll try and give a idea of what I went
thru to make the 8v turbo happen.I had and still have a low mileage 1.6 that
is my reserve engine.As most of us are never satisfied I decided that I
needed more power.So off to the used parts place where I picked up a 2.0 aba
engine with 39,000 miles on it.I figured that unless it was ran out of water
or oil it should be good enough for a "junk yard" conversion.My idea was to
build some power and have a semi unique installation that would be fun and
Sue would be able to drive to the store.And it must be CHEAP.which turned
out to be relative.I picked up a used turbo and had it rebuilt.I used a cast
manifold mostly because I had no Idea what I was doing.I used a mega squirt
fuel management system because I didn't want to mess with The Motronic
system.I knew that it would do much more than I wanted.I'm still trying to
keep things as simple as possible.I decided to use the MSG ignition
controler with the timing retard.Still trying to keep things simple and in
my control. I built my own down pipe and mated it to a 2.5 inch exhaust with
a magna flow muffler.I had a steel spacer made to lower the CR.I'm not
saying that this is the correct way it's just the way I did it.I built it
with the idea to run a Max of 10 PSI I am currently running 7 PSI and
probably won't turn it up except to do a Dyno test.Traction is a problem so
why turn up the wickwill support  So I can burn the tires off faster?I used
a Inovate WB oxygen sensor controller with the afr gauge. A must for
tuning.the throttle valve assembly is from a 86 1.8 I think.The intake
manifold was custom made so I could use the upper stress bar and move the
manifold forward so the turbo arrangement would be more assessable.A sport
clutch was also used along with the 80% peliquin unit.There's some more
stuff but this is the main stuff.The injectors will support about 215hp.
  In Texas going without AC is not a very good option.That's the difference
between fun and misery and we have driven this engine set up for about
30,000 miles with several long distance trips with no problems.
   I didn't know that I wasn't smart enough to do the conversion so I just
did it.And it works really well.
    This is a fun car to drive both for me and my wife.
ole blue