submission

Almost any corner garage sprays oil around here, some even advertise that
it's "new" oil, like how can you tell? Oil has a few good points, it seeps
well into areas that are hard to get at and salt may live, and it's
downside is that same dripping all over your driveway. It may also eat away
at some rubbery type items. I had my brand new 77 Firebird got the full
Ziebart treatment, and had doorskins that flapped in the breeze when I sold
it, so I wouldn't say that was the best way to go. My pickup gets a plain
Jane oilspray once in a while, it never does much winter duty anyway. And
my beater's all plastic anyway, I doubt any rustproofing wil deal with the
sweat up in there...

Cathy