Bridge Collapse

Actually, speaking as a long term liberal (thought Nixon was an arrogant
paranoid moron, Reagan was a narcoleptic cheerleader moron, Bush Sr. a semi-
illiterate moron, and now Bush Jr., who is at best merely a moron squared,
along with corrupt and incompetant)...uh, anyway; I've never had a problem
with Nukes.
    Relatively cheap, clean, and convenient (like sex oughta be, some of the
time).
    But I know what you mean about the fringe end treehuggers; same
mentality that thinks if everyone buys an electric car pollution will
magically disappear... "hey moron, where do you think the juice in the wall
socket comes from?" Coal burning plant, most likely.

    Best treehugger story I've ever heard, this from a few years ago: Some
'hugger was protesting logging in the Pacific Northwest, went out to a
nearby Redwood forest with his sign.
    While wandering through the woods, a dead branch broke off one of the
Redwoods and landed on this guy. Redwoods are kinda big... branch more or
less schmussed him dead.
    Poetic comedy, I think... proof perhaps that if there is a God, s/he/it
has a warped sense of humor.
    Ok, you're right, make that "further proof"; on top of the platypus,
penguin, dodo, Spanish Inquisition, Tammy Faye Bakker, fanatic Muslims, etc.

Karl