timing help

On 4/16/07, Lexan Blanchard <lexan_122874@hotmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I am certain that the cam dot is exactly where it is supposed to be, and
> that the rotor is most certainly pointing at #1 and the rest of the wires
> are in the correct order.  That leaves the "0" on the flywheel NOT lined up
> with the pointer (it is a few mm off).  If the car still won't start this
> evening, should I assume I am a tooth off?  If it helps, the belts look new
> (print is still vibrant and easily legible).  Maybe PO didn't install belts
> correctly?  I have to admit, this part is frustrating.  I can charge a part,
> but this is pretty exact stuff here, and I want to make sure it's not user
> error keeping her from starting.

Hi Lexan,

Did you verify that the new fuel distributor is working
correctly/properly bled?  If not, place the injectors in a jar and
with the fuel pump relay jumpered (as per Bentley) lift the fuel
distributor plate until the injectors squeal like stuck pigs...  It
takes a surprising amount of time to get all the air out and the fuel
flowing properly...

HTH,

Mark.
75