timing help

Oh yes, I checked.  Beautiful!  Injectors did nothing until I lifted the air
plate, and then when it was all the way up they squeled like mice (I know,
everyone complains about my explanations of noises).  I played with the air
plate for a bit (heh,  it's kinda fun to watch the gas spray out and then
stop).  I am fairly certain that there is no air left in the lines.  I am
**HOPING** that the mined up wires on the distributor are to blame (I will
ALWAYS double check from now on).

I have to order the injector seat.  No one around here can get them :(  But,
I ordered an e-brake cable (it's not on the car) and the little
cushions/hats for the struts ('cause I don't want no Rocco-bounce).

Keep ya posted, and thanks again!
Lexan

>From: "Mark F." <mk1mark@gmail.com>
>To: "Lexan Blanchard" <lexan_122874@hotmail.com>
>CC: jdbubb@verizon.net, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: timing help
>Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:25:35 -0400
>
>On 4/16/07, Lexan Blanchard <lexan_122874@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>OK, I am certain that the cam dot is exactly where it is supposed to be,
>>and
>>that the rotor is most certainly pointing at #1 and the rest of the wires
>>are in the correct order.  That leaves the "0" on the flywheel NOT lined
>>up
>>with the pointer (it is a few mm off).  If the car still won't start this
>>evening, should I assume I am a tooth off?  If it helps, the belts look
>>new
>>(print is still vibrant and easily legible).  Maybe PO didn't install
>>belts
>>correctly?  I have to admit, this part is frustrating.  I can charge a
>>part,
>>but this is pretty exact stuff here, and I want to make sure it's not user
>>error keeping her from starting.
>

>Hi Lexan,
>
>Did you verify that the new fuel distributor is working
>correctly/properly bled?  If not, place the injectors in a jar and
>with the fuel pump relay jumpered (as per Bentley) lift the fuel
>distributor plate until the injectors squeal like stuck pigs...  It
>takes a surprising amount of time to get all the air out and the fuel
>flowing properly...
>
>HTH,
>
>Mark.
>75
>82
>82 Caddy
>91 Jetta Coupe

Can?t afford to quit your job? ? Earn your AS, BS, or MS degree online in 1
year.
http://www.classesusa.com/clickcount.cfm?id=866145&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.classesusa.com%2Ffeaturedschools%2Fonlinedegreesmp%2Fform-dyn1.html%3Fsplovr%3D866143