Better steering rack?

I drove the 85 for a couple years with the pump disconnected.  It was
a little bit of a pain with 205's, but it caused the rack to fail
eventually.  When I sold it, it actually had a PS rack out of a Cabrio
or Jetta I think.  There was something that had to be changed on the
mounting and then the arms had to be swapped because the other ones
were too long.