Better steering rack?

Response from the steering is not really the issue.  I already have very
good suspension, tires, etc.  The issue is when going into a hair pin
corner I don't want to have to crank the wheel 360 degrees, or so.  I would
like to have less input.  It a couple inches of turn for a tight normal
corner, and many a 1/2 to 1/4 turn for a hair pin.

Kind of like changing the gear ratios in your tranny.  Maybe I should try
to change the gear ratio in the rack :)

Oh, I like manual racks better than power steering.  I have always thought
vw's PS has a little too little of the road feel left in it - although it
is miles better than the ford truck I used to have :)

Cory Langford
?81 1.8S (for Supercharged)
?78 1.9L 8V Turbo
?86 2.1L 8V Turbo