Better steering rack?

I prefer the feel of manual steering, VW power steering is way
overboosted for my taste.  It's nice on my Quantum, since it's not a
sports car, and my wife drives it occasionally, but I'm planning on
going manual on my 16v, for the feel, and to get rid of some weight up
front.  I'm canning my A/C, too.

Nate