9A block from Audi 88

My understanding is that the 9A had a slightly higher CR than the PL,
like 10.5 instead of 10 (maybe simply due to the increased
displacement), although I've seen other data stating the 9A was also
10:1.
But I don't believe the combustion chamber volume is different between
the 9A and PL heads, so swapping heads would not change CR.
OTOH putting an 8V head on a 16V block will really raise the CR since
combustion chamber volume is only ~30cc instead of 45cc or whatever
the 16V head is.
Dan