  From: Rick Kellner
  To: 'David Brown' ; 'scirocco scirocco'
  Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 06:41 PM
  Subject: RE: 9A block from Audi 88

  David, I did not know that Audi made a 9A, could it be a 3A?
  If so, here are some stats.

  3A 2.0L CIS-E/Motronic 115 HP 10.0:1CR 82.5 86.4
  1984 Audi 80
  A sure fire way to check the code is to look at the number stamped on
  the face of the block, near the head, above the distributor.

  If it is a 3a I believe there is a lot of potential and the price seems
  right.
  Rick.