  From: raveracer77
  To: Rick Kellner ; 'David Brown' ; 'scirocco scirocco'
  Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 9:53 PM
  Subject: Re: 9A block from Audi 88

      Actually the 9A was used for early FWD Audi 80's and 90's.  I've found parts for my GLI from them.  I beleive stock compression is 10:1 for mine but I'm not sure if the heads are the same.  The PL head (1.8 16V) on a 9A block should make between 12.1:1 to 13:1 depending on the head gasket.  I look forward to doing this in the near future as I already have all the parts.

        Rave Racer
  Currently:
  NEW!!  91 Jetta GLI 2.0L 16V
  '81 Scirocco Mk1 1.8L 8V Digifant 2