Was: Cincy 2007? Now Brett!!!!

Ah, thanks. :-)  I thought I'd try talking about something technical
again and
see how that played.

As for that page...sort of a sore spot with me actually...over the
years a
number of people have "complained" or "noticed" it - my response has
usually been something like:

"Then fix it"

Some people (no names) have even been excited to try and tackle the job,
I've volunteered to help them integrate a "sign up", "review", "post"
list
members page with scirocco.org that they would go off and develop.

This cycle has happened at least 3 times, probably 4.  No one has put
their
$ where their :-O was.

If no one steps up this time, I suppose that I'll finally have to
tackle this one
myself, but the job is open!  Operator is standing by, accepting
applications!

------

Now, as for the shirts that people like to needle me about
(<cough>allyn<cough>)

As for reorders, I'll repeat what happened months ago:

I made 2 emails to the list asking for additional Cincy 2006 shirt
orders, I needed
a certain number (like 15 or 20 total) to bring the price down to
like $18+ shipping
each.  (Please note I was pretty motivated on this, as *I* do not
even have one).

*One* person sent me money, after all the begging and "fer-sure's" I
got while at
Cincy itself.  I'm not going to twist peoples arms, so it went away.
I never claimed
the PayPal $ that was sent to me, so it was returned to the sender
(not Allyn BTW).
Enough on that.

Color of shirts....white is less expensive, and creates a background
where it's
easy to make a high degree of "contrast" so you see text / graphics.
I've made
grey ones before, but when I needed the "best" contrast on those grey
shirts,
I actually printed white as an under-color, which uses up a color
slot which
in turn could increase cost.

Speaking of costs, I'm going to have to stop subsidizing the shirt
costs...after
years of hearing about how I never bring enough of the small sizes, I
shifted
the order down to the smaller end for 2006 - and brought home almost
every
one of them. :-/ I lost some money because of that, but my kids have
plenty
of Scirocco active wear now.

There's no real good solution here, so I'll just do my best.  Mike
does support
us by offseting some of the costs here for sure, no real worries.

I've been collecting some design ideas, we'll see what we can do,
earth tones
are in, right? Right? :)

later.

==Brett