electrical issues

Check the voltage regulator.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Smith" <smithma7@gmail.com>
To: "car" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 7:43 AM
Subject: electrical issues

So, I'm doing a couple errands on Friday night.  After one, I start the car
and the alt light stays on after I give it a little gas.  It continues to
flicker/dim as I continue my errands and head home.  I don't seem to have
any problems with the car otherwise.  After sitting all weekend, I start it
today and have same problem with alt light.  This time, however, the radio
starts to cut in and out.  Took me 3 minutes to turn it off as it kept
losing power while closing up (after market head unit).  Once I left the
kid's bus stop it finished shutting down.

Is my alt on its way out?  Anyone?  Living in country and this is my DD, so
would like to get this resolved ASAP, as I have no other way of getting
around.

--
Mike
'86 red 16v (der Jahrtausendfeierfalke)