What's your tune-up routine? Plus bonus ?s

I'll bite...

Spewey wrote:

> Let's take a poll:
> Who regularly adjusts their valve shims?
I do.
> How many are off by how far?
IIRC, exhausts are off by about 5 thousandths, intakes none to 2.
> How much better is it afterwards?
Measurably.  But then again, I drive my shizzle hard.

> PS  I am stock discless, my 85 T3 and 86 C3 are both hydraulic.

Like most things, it depends on the demands of the person driving the
car.  I like to have all available hp when I want it.  It is a pain in
the ass, but I have a mechanic friend who has the proper tool, and a bin
full of other shims, so...  To someone else without those things it may
not be worth the effort.  *shrug*

David